Am I Mad

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by warrmr, Oct 19, 2007.

1. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

Ive got 70-291 booked for tuseday morning at 8:45.

im hitting 60% in trancender so im not far off hitting the highs, just another 10% to go in trancender.

the question is am i completly mad and being to ambitious.

i belive its do able. the reason why i have booked it before im ready is to give me a huge kick in the ass, and MS are doing the second shot offer again. so i have been studying hardcore for the last week, amonst playing with IPSec and Routing and remote access, (see my post in the network forums).

So i wish myself luck in claiming "The Beast" first time.

Certifications: MCP 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA + Messaging, MCSE + Security
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It really depends on how much you've studied & your experience. Transcenders are hard anyway.

Good luck on your exam :)

-Ken

p.s. we're all a little mad

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I think I was only hitting 60 somethings on Transcender for this exam and passed it. I suppose you yourself are the best judge of if you think you are ready for it or not.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I dont have experience of Transcenders for this one, but for the 70-290 I was hitting mod 40%'s and still took the test (one of the 2nd shots) and passed.

The transcenders are only a guide, you never know what will come up on the day.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  5. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Sometimes I think that the "boot up the arse" method works a treat, so I cant fault you logic there matey.
    Good luck for Tomorrow. :D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Transcender mock tests are supposed to be a tad more difficult than the real thing but my recommendation is to continue to hit the books and practice labs hard and try to raise the score. The reason is, even if you're hitting 90% or above on these mock tests, the real thing is completely different. There will always be elements in the actual test that you didn't anticipate and don't forget, anxiety will tend to bring your score down somewhat...sometimes by as much as 10% (which can be critical).

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

I can totaly agree with you that the trancender for 70-290 was a killer and i would say it was so hard that i actually ignored trancender for that and used the Testout practice tests and measure up to assess my readyness and still when i went into the exam i had doubts mainly abotu terminal server and licencing. but i passed with 846..

as for my networking experiance goes i have no what i would call real life experiance. all of my experiance is in a safe envireoment where i can break things and fix them. so im expecting it to be a hard slog but i will pass fingers crossed

8. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Have you booked it using the microsoft 2nd shot? I always find it relaxes me more if I do, as it doesn't matter if I pass first time. Like free exam practice without having to purchase Transcender. (Although I haven't yet failed any of my IT exams.)

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  9. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

yeah ive booked with seccond shot, but im not planning on failing :P so hopefully i wont need it.

10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Well good luck on the "beast" exam. Hopefully you'll pass!:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

to conclude the answer to my own question was yes.

i took the test this morning. got there really quite early as i over anticipated the traffic so i was there for 8:30.

started the test and had a little chuckle to myself as the first lot of questions were all about WSUS RRAS and IPSec. and i had spent the last week trying to figure out how it all worked and attempting to create VPN tunnels.

i started to get frustrated with the test as the simulations kept crashing due to a "database error" and i had to get the exam administrator to reset the machine 3 times before i could continue. it hapened during the point when i was reviewing my answers aswell at the same points in the test.

i ended up with a score of 593 only 107 points off passing,

but on the happy side i got my MCP welcome pack.

i cant say much more than that exept thank god for second shot vouchers, altho i wont be able to take the exam for atleast another week and a half as im in scotland for work ( i really dont wanna go)