Am I cursed?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Jul 8, 2009.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

One daye whilst I was a student and still slightly pissed from the night before I was walking through Eldon Square shopping center in Newcastle. A Woman came up to me and said "Do you want some luck heather?" " you can shove it up yer arse." I retorted.

She came back with "I'll curse you, you'll be cursed forever." I had my usual response with those people "**** off you daft bint."

Since then I have had bad luck, been in debt and now I have to work with retards who can't take any instruction.

Take today for instance. I was showing the new guy (by new guy I mean he has been at my work place for 9 months) how to use the KVM switch and change a cable from one port to another since the router is pants. Anyway 5 minutes after I had showed hime and had got it my car to go home he bloody phones me and says "what do I do?" and I said "I just ****ing showed you."

"Can you come back?"

"goddamit"

"retard" after I hung up the phone.

I seem to be destined to either have bad luck or work with retards and it's beggining to really annoy me.

Rant over :mad:mad

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Mate... you don't even work in their IT department full time. Tell the muppet to ask the guys that are being paid for it what to do.

And no, you're not cursed. Probably.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. greenbrucelee

But I am in charge of the equipment in my department which is 7 servers, monitoring rips and ftp etc so I have have to train any new people in my dept. When you tell this guy something he nods and yeses but you can tell it's going straight through.

The problem is my manager hired him and he is also a freind of the manager and after speaking with my manager today it is quite clear my manager would have sacked him along time ago but hasn't due to friendship.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You're cursed if you believe you are. No, objectively you aren't (probably), but you could have been nicer to the lady with the "luck heather".

Oh...and welcome to IT (whether you're called that or not). This is what it's like.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. greenbrucelee

I suppose so but those people horde you and annoy you alot and I was a bit drunk too.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Would you like for me to ask someone to bless you in order to "counteract" the curse? If so, consider it done! Worry no more. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

If you deeply believe you are cursed, you can start to pray

8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've had some rediculous things happen to me in the past... For example, I had this one indavidual call me 3 times on how to copy and paste text from a word document to an email message body. I even had her write it down step by step and still no use. My blood pressure was high that day.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. greenbrucelee

lol, this guy does my head in. He just doesn't listen.

10. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Mate, I'm cursed, spent two hours today trying to sort out an issue with SBS 2003 Fax that would send email faxes to a mailbox, but would not save faxes to a folder for archiving.

I tried everything, starting, stopping services, changing permissions, ensuring NETWORK SERVICE had the right permissions, created new shares, in the end I sent out an engineer to re-install.

The engineer said he had re-installed the Fax software and it still wasn't working.

Then someone piped up saying they had diverted the fax line and not told anyone, tossers!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  11. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Oh, and as a PS - you've probably already watched it too many times judging from this post, but don't watch "Drag Me to Hell" before you go to work. Or when drunk.

And if you haven't watched it yet, just don't.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  12. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Why ? :ohmy

Was going to watch this with my GF... Argh, please tell me its bearable.

:offtopic

I think curses do not exist, but as everything we have the habit of attributing events that are negative in our lives to past actions we might have done.

Its just the opposite of miracles, an event that is advantageous to yourself for no apparent reason.

I would decurse you if I had my WoW sub active :(

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You should have told the guy where to shove the cable :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  14. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Curses are largely psychosomatic to be honest. They have all the power that the target grants to them (hence why the curses are best administered face to face).

Summoning demons to hound you, now THATS a different matter...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  15. greenbrucelee

yeah I never believed it, just the odd thing thats happened that has made me think maybe she has cursed me.

16. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

what you need is some luck heather to turn your life around :wink:

I do wonder why I'm not employed !