Alright?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by superhans, Sep 22, 2008.

1. superhans

superhans New Member

Hi to all on here,

I've been reading plenty on here since I stumbled upon it last weekend after smelling a whiff of BS off a pitch by a training organisation salesperson and doing some Googling.

I have to say I'm very impressed, great content and enthusiatic members.

I'm a graduate (just avoided the dreaded third) in Business and IT. I didn't get an awful lot from the degree due entirely to what little I put in.

Anyway, I'm determined to work in IT as, despite the degree performance (there are a catalogue of reasons/excuses, honest!) I do have a genuine passion for it and am studying for a couple of certs. Based on the strength of sentiment on here I'm going to take the self-study route, at least initially.

I look forward to being a member here drawing on the experience of what seems a great group.

All the best.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+, CCNA
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

What self study certs are you currently working on?

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Hi and Welcome to CF. Good luck with the studying Superhans (Legendary name BTW).

It does say A+ and MCDST in your WIP but have you got an IT field you're particularly interested in?

WIP: Network +
  5. Qs

Heh, must have been half asleep. I retract my previous statement sir!

Dullage - It's "you're" not "your" :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

LOL, Touché Qs, I knew I'd get greif for picking up on that :biggrin, I've now corrected my spelling mistake :oops:

- Sir Dullage (Kinda got a ring to it 8))

WIP: Network +
  7. Qs

Or grief even? :p

Haha, stop digging matey!

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome, Superhans! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. superhans

superhans New Member

Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone.

In years to come I can perhaps envision myself in a Systems Engineer / Administrator role, MCSE is definitely a medium term goal and I am intrigued by the Linux so will most likely look at Linux+

I'm going to have a good look at the Emplyment and Jobs section of the forum to gain a better understanding of career paths and roles.

Thanks again and I look forward to posting and hopefully contributing in some way.

WIP: Network+, CCNA
  10. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome aboard...
    Once you get your feet wet, you'll be able to clarify which direction you want to take your career. Until then, have fun learning and exploring :)

11. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the certs!

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA