Aloha!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by StevoT, Mar 14, 2007.

1. StevoT

StevoT New Member

Hi guys and girls. I've been lurking around here for a while, but I decided to register today, so I thought I'd better introduce myself in here. Until last year, I was working in technical support (not IT related, it was printing inks!) until the company closed our branch :(

I'm studying part time, with the eventual aim of getting a job in IT. I already have a Diploma in Computing from Open University, and I'm still working towards my BSc (gaining CCNA by the end of the year on the way).

I have lots of 'non professional' IT experience. I play online games quite a lot, and as a result ended up creating a forum for the clan I'm a member of. We rent a Windows 2003 server, and I have installed mySQL, PHP, and phpNuke to run the forums and website, as well as creating the content for the site. It's been running for 2 years now, with an average of 1000 hits a day and nearly 300 registered users. I also have a little Java knowledge, although nothing too heavy, only stuff for my OU courses. I have built dozens of PC's for friends, family and friends of friends, and set up quite a few wireless networks. I get e-mails and phonecalls on an almost daily basis asking about PC problems!

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm looking forward to being a member of this community, and hope that the support and advice that I receive will help me to find my first job in IT :D

Certifications: Diploma in Computing (OU)
    WIP: CCNA & BSc in Computing
  2. Quarky

Quarky Byte Poster

Hi Stevo,

Aloha yourself. :D

Sounds like you keep busy mate, cant beat a bit of gaming.

I see that you're based in Telford, not too far away from myself (Walsall).

I came accross a site which you might find useful to keep as a favourite...

http://www.entagroup.com/vacancies.php

You may already know of this but its a large internet based company in Telford which posts up vacancies when they crop up.

:D

Certifications: A+,270,271,272 (MCDST)
    WIP: Master CIW
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Welcome to CF, glad you found us :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forums :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Gaming rules. Welcome to the forum!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. StevoT

StevoT New Member

Yeah.....I've seen that, it's the Japanese looking building on Stafford Park. I believe they run most of the backbone in this area? If all goes to plan, I will have my CCNA by the end of the year, and they are one of the many local firms that I could hopefully get my first IT job with!

Thats the good thing about Telford, there are a lot of large firms, and obviously they all have networks! :wink:

Certifications: Diploma in Computing (OU)
    WIP: CCNA & BSc in Computing
  7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Welcome :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums mate, I've was a big gamer a year back, just curious, what game you play and whats ur clan? :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  10. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house