Allo

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Amj Raphael, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

ok, agreed everyone has their preferred methods of learning. I'll leave it at that. I actually am using a training provider also, so i am not against it at all.

Apolgies amj raphael, enjoy the studying.

Fire-robert, by continuing to use this forum may help you identify why people come to the opinions they do.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  2. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Hi Amj Raphael, Welcome to CF. I hope our warm welcome is received through all this talk of TP's...Good luck with the training :D

To add my 2 cents, I can't say your posts are being particularly constructive Mr Machfisto. It seem quite a few of us here are willing to listen to what Firebrand-Robert has to say although perhaps on a separate thread? :D

Anyhow, (:oops: I may have jumped the gun a bit here but...) I have opened up a separate thread if this matter needs further discussion...

EDIT: BosonMichael has opened up a thread with a better summery of the above...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Firstly, welcome to CF Amj :)

What?

As AJ has said.. this site, is and always has been *neutral* as far as training providers are concerned. Of course we actively suggest that people consider self study, because many people on the verge of spending more money than they have and getting into debt, don't even realise this is a valid option.

I myself used a TP and they helped me achieve my MCSE (omg what did he just say).. but, *I* could afford the AU9500 dollars. In retrospect, i now realise that i can't afford to keep shelling out that kind of money ad infinitum as the technology changes so fast. So, really you NEED to learn how to effectively self study if you intend to be successful in the IT marketplace. Period.

There are some good and some bad TPs out there.. what we do generally is to recommend that people do proper research and be very wary of salepeople, especially if they have walked over your threshold. That is a sensible life lesson, for obvious reasons, i won't even bother to explain it.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Mr Machfisto

Mr Machfisto Nibble Poster

Sorry Bluerinse.

I'm not tarring every member with the same brush. You mention that CF is a neutral forum, but when you have your 3rd highest poster who is well thought of on CF showing no regard to the neutral ground that it represents.

Sorry GBL this is a slight dig at you again my friend, I just wish you would take a back seat when it comes to new guys asking about TP's

Let the neutral guys have their say

EDIT: Sorry 4th highest poster

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

why should I take a back seat? I am trying to save people money and tell them the truth & truth is it is very rare that someone leaves a TP after spending loads of money and walks into a good job.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Mr Machfisto

Where are yor fact and figures GBL?

Yes I can understand if you want to advise people to go down the self study route, but to slag every TP off that you have probably never had any experience which is out of order. All you do is go on a couple of comments made on this forum.

I would hazard a guess that TP's enrol aroud 5000 students per year and of course 1 or 2 will be disguntled and they come to these sites to vent their fustration. If you are that wound up that TP's are not offering a good service, why do you not pay them a visit and check out the students who are doing well, all 4998 of them!!

7. Firebrand-Robert

Firebrand-Robert Bit Poster

Please provide evidence that this statement is true - it's absolute dynamite that no one get's a good job after training. Where did you read this? Whose survey was it?

8. Mr Machfisto

Answers on a postcard please:biggrin

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

all you need to do is use the search feature on this forum and see how many people have been conned into doing the MCSE or CCNA with a TP with no experience at hand and still can't get a job because they are over certified.

I don't need to give figures and percentages because it's so blatantly true that majority of TPs are only interested in money and not whats best for the student.

Now maybe you think I am being harsh, maybe I am. But untill I see evidence of people actually being advised correctly (I am talking about non experience IT wannabees here) then I wont be swayed. If Firebrand does this which I doubt with reading the claims of be an MCSE in 14 days garbage then I will appologise but I don't think I need to.

Would you turn down my cash Robert if I said I wanted to do your MCSE program? I doubt it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I did ask but now I'm doing.

Thread closed.

Please continue in the thread started for this very subject.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I have to go into work early and don't have the time to read through all the posts in this thread. I can see that Bluerinse and AJ have recently replied, so staff is present and aware. As I've said before and will say now, it's ok to have a difference of opinion and to exercise your free speech rights...as long as conflict doesn't get personalized.

If you feel yourself getting "hot under the collar" when you read something here and write an "impassioned" response, cool off and re-read what you've written before clicking "Submit Reply". While we try to be impartial as a forum, there isn't a human being on earth who is completely without bias.

Chill out. We don't do heart-lung transplants here. If someone disagrees with you, no one dies.

Certifications: A+ and Network+