1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in one sixth edition en route !

Discussion in 'A+' started by cocoloco, Jan 20, 2007.

1. cocoloco

cocoloco New Member

Hi folks. As i seem to be reminded every time i log onto CF in hard to miss red letters that it is about time i posted a new topic ! so here i go, I do feel like i use this site just for my own benefit and not really contribute much,but i am grateful for the advice you guys have given me especially that ever so popular post from the newbies "shall i go down the training company route" which i nearly did but you guys saved me £4k and many sleepless nites. Anyway i have just purchased the new M.Myers All in one sixth edition from the US for about £25 and got to say im excited also apprehensive knowing there is a whopping 1200 pages to get my head round.Ok the advice im looking for is what type of Pc shall i be looking for to practice on also tools required ? The closest i have been to pulling a pc apart is changing my laptop battery. Anyway sorry for waffling on.
    Many thanks in advance for your help and suggestions
    WIP: A+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Coco,

I would look in your local paper for a desktop system. You can get bargains on e-bay, but just check the P&P first!

As for a toolkit, a cross headed screwdriver, ESD strap and torch will get you started although you might want to treat yourself to a kit like this afterwards or now for that matter!

Good luck with the course, post whenever you need help.
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT