Agency Registration

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by djw, Nov 29, 2010.

1. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but is filling out a registration form for an agency before going to an interview normal practice? Just wondering because I have been asked to today and this is the fisrt company to have asked.

Cheers,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I suppose it depends.
    If you applied for a job that was advertised by an agency, then they would probably need your details and register you before they send you off for the interview (or even tell you who the client is).

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually I have only ever had to send my CV across to them before they would talk to me about the role and client.

It's only when I got the job that I would have to register with them (company details etc).

Sounds to me like they are fishing.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Thanks for the reply. The agancy contacted me about a vacancy and had arranged an interview and then asked for the form to be completed.

Thanks,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST