Agency and making a complaint

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by djw, Feb 29, 2012.

1. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Hi,

Sorry for the long post. Just wondering if people thought it would even be worth the bother making a complaint to an agency about a member of staff handling a position? Here is what has happened with me recently:

1) After multiple calls trying to get hold of the person dealing with the vacancy (I was always told that the person wasn't available and that a message would be passed on to call me back. My calls were never returned) I finally got hold of them, they asked a few questions and I was told a few more details about the role and asked to send over my CV.

2) Sent over CV and didn't hear anything for a few days. Assumed that I was maybe deemed not suitable but tried to call in anyway to find out - again the same experience, couldn't get hold of them, messages passed on but call never returned. Finally got hold of them and they claimed they hadn't recieved my CV but then found it in their Inbox - said they would review it and send it over if OK and would be in contact either way.

3) Again, didn't hear anything for a few days so again went through the same process of not beign able to get hold of them despite levaing messages and not having my calls returned. Again finally got hold of them and they proceded to ask me the same questions they had ask when I first spoke to them and then said that they thought I would be a good fit for the position and that they would send a full job desciption over and that I would need to reply to say I was happy to be put forward for this position - I thought they had done this already. They said they would call me the next day if I was happy to go forward for the position.

4) Received e-mail and was happy to be put forward so replied and stated this. No call the next day, or the day after that. so after 3 days I try to call in and again cannot get hold of them and leave messages again. It is the next day now and I am still waiting for a call back.

Basically I think the behaviour of this person has been pretty unprofessional, they seemed to have not been listening when I spoke to them - they seemed to be asking me the same questions each time I spoke to them. They never call me despite stating that they would in e-mail communications and they have never once returned one of my calls. If I was not suitable for the role I would rather be told then to have been kept hanging on with promises about being a good fit for the role etc. I know agencies can be a bit of a pain sometimes but I have nevere had these kind of problems in the past.

Thanks,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Sorry to say that its rather standard stuff what your describing there, just move on and apply for other jobs elsewhere. You will get used to the way agencies work after a while. I shouldn't waste any more time on them.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

This ^

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Thanks for the replies. Yes, was thinking that it may just be standard agency stuff but it is annoying I suppose, think I just didn't like the way they were stringing things along making it look like I may be in with a chance. Think I must be getting old as in the past I would just let things like this go but now I would think about making a complaint just out of pricipal even though it would be a wates of time and breath.

Thanks,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  5. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

If I get the run around like that I generally assume the vacancy never existed in the first place and they were simply trawling for CVs. As the others say, ignore them, drop um and continue to apply. If it is genuine and they do come back eventually take it as a bonus. I once got an interview 6 months after originally applying for the job... people are busy sometimes.

I'm actually applying for jobs at the moment as well, very few ever come back with anything despite how good the job description matches my CV. I must have had 40 odd applications out and heard back from maybe 10. Last time I went searching the ratio was a lot worse from memory.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??