Agencies

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jun-net-eng, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jun-net-eng

jun-net-eng New Member

Guys, i am looking for work, but i am not having alot of luck by myself.

what is the general opinion with regards to using agencies?

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Some are good, some are bad. I've used them before.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. jun-net-eng

jun-net-eng New Member

would you recommend or not, some have approached me?

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you're having trouble finding work, what have you got to lose? Just make sure that they don't make you sign something with horrible terms and conditions, or make you pay for their services. Good agencies won't do that to you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

It wouldn't hurt to see what they have to offer. Just be aware that a lot of recruitment agents are on commission and will not necessarily have your best interests at heart (I speak from previous experience!).

That said, there are a lot of genuine agencies who will work hard to find a role that suits you.

You wont know what an agency is like until you use them and can judge from your own experiences. 8)

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270