Age old question

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by mathis, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mathis

mathis New Member

Hi

I've just recertified as a CCNA (Held CCNP and CCSP in the past) and basically I have an option within my company of moving into the Cisco Voice or Wireless arena. I have a high level of interest in both technologies and my ultimate goal is to hold a CCIE in the relevent field.

Ok, so a bit of background about myself. Currently working as a Infrastructure consultant at a small Networking firm, mainly dealing with Microsoft server products and Cisco Networking gear. The company has resently decided to become a Cisco partner and is willing to train me to CCVP or CCNP wireless level.

So, I'd love to hear some thoughts on which track would give teh best job and salary prospects long term?

Cheers

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Either. But why limit yourself to one OR the other? Do both!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!