Age of starting in IT

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by a_bird, Apr 6, 2010.

1. dezinerj

dezinerj New Member

I'm a design student since i was 17, have been doing design till i was 23.
    Never had a darn experience in IT at all. I first started the IT job when i was 23, didn't had a clue about IT, since i was called for a korean&english speaker. Worked for more than 6 months, had to quit because of the visa.
    Than, wasted my time doing non-design related jobs like marketing and stuff. Than re-joined back to the first IT company that i joined when i was 23. I'm now 28 and have been working with this company for more than 4 years.
    Planning on to get ma MSCE and Cisco before i go brain dead. : D...
    Conclusion, personally i don't think age exists in IT. Unless you are brain dead nor you've got a lazy brain, you are OK to work in IT field no matter how old you are.

2. Cumberdale

Cumberdale Bit Poster

I decided i had to change career last year at the ripe old age of 24, after being a cinema manager for 5 looong years. Started studying my A+ and N+ and lucked out by getting hired at a local school as a trainee IT technician on the basis that i was committed to self study and improvement.

the experience has been invaluable, and the next three-five months will see me steam-rollering through the forementioned certs and possible a MS cert too (i know, i really should have had them by now :tune )

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP (270,271)
    WIP: 70-272, 70-682