After failing

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by johnny_q, Jul 7, 2009.

1. johnny_q

johnny_q New Member

Hi Guys

I am looking to take my first exam 70-536 at the end of July/beginning of August. I am quite nervous about it, especially if I fail. I just wanted to ask whether it is kept on your personal record if you have failed. Someone told me that after you complete your exam and get your result, you get a online profile with what exams you have passed listed. I wanted to know if it would also list which exams you have failed?

Thanks

Certifications: 70-536
    WIP: 70-562
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes records of exams taken and the results are kept, but who is going to look at your personal records?

All that employers are interested in that you have passed, book the second shot for a free retry just incase, although I hear they are ending that offer soon.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Further to what GreenBL said, your records only show a fail on Prometric, which is for your use only. Your Microsoft Transcript which is what you'd show employers only shows exams you have passed :D

Don't worry about failing, just study hard and know your stuff. I was really nervous before my first MS exam more because I didn't know what to expect but it was fine and I bounced out of the test center with a pass. I've failed two along the way though, as have a lot of people on here, some MCSE's etc. Its just one of them, sometimes its not your day. Whats important is that you crack on and stay motivated.

Best of luck, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ended 30th of June unfortunately :cry:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. johnny_q

johnny_q New Member

Thanks for replying guys.

Yeah the SecondShot offer is gone. I started studying for 70-536 mid June so didn't have enough time.

Thanks for clearing up my earlier concern. I do plan on only booking the exam once I feel ready and hope to pass first time round. I'm not worried about failing as such, its just I have lost my job recently and will be paying for the exam myself and I would rather not have to pay again to retake and also I wouldn't want anyone to find out whether i struggled with a particular exam or not.

However, I plan on purchasing Transcender practice exams to aid me in preparing and have been told by few other people and people on these forums that it should help a great deal. Also I found that Transcender have a refund policy if you fail the exam and make a claim for full money back, doesn't sound too bad.;)

Certifications: 70-536
    WIP: 70-562