After City&Guilds Diplomas

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jon2k24, Jul 11, 2009.

1. jon2k24

jon2k24 New Member

I am near completion of my level 2 diploma for IT practitioners and level 3 advanced diploma for IT professionals, as well as my level 2 itq and very much considering continuing onto and HND in college in September, just wondering if should be focusing my attempts to get part time employment to help build experience in another sector apart from IT support. i say this because not many trainee or junior job around unless you have MS certification or a degree. Any advice and direction in what to do and where to look would be appreciated

2. Len

Len Byte Poster

Try and get a customer service role, whether it just be in retail or anything(Assuming you cant find a job within IT). Customer service skills will help a great deal in support and helpdesk jobs. The great thing about IT is that most skills from other sectors can be carried over and used just as well in IT :biggrin

You could also try looking some volunteer work, I'm sure there's plenty of places that will need some of your skills(to build up some experience).

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would suggest going for the HND and try and find a part time job in a help desk role. If you can manage it I would also say try and get your A+ and N+ too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree, if you don't want to do the HND/HNC, take a look at the C&G level 4 & 5 diploma's. :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security