Advice Required

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by JamesE, Dec 28, 2011.

1. JamesE

JamesE New Member

Hi all,

Firstly hope you all had a very good christmas.

Need help on a couple of questions I have regarding the way forward in a couple of cert related matters regarding the comptia A+ & the BTEC award in computer Engineering L2. I have just completed the BTEC in computer Engineering,this I believe is the same as the comptia A+, also considering studying for the BTEC advanced diploma in network design & admin L3. All in all in the grand scheme of things would doing these exams let me be able to sit the microsoft 70-680(windows 7) exam itself.

Thanks in advance & have a fantastic new-year all.

JamesE

Certifications: Computer Engineering (BTEC) L2
    WIP: Advanced Diploma Network Design & Admin (BTEC) L3
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Judging from your post above I would say you're doing the right thing. However, experience and hands on is what would land you a job in IT if you're not already working in the IT field.

Bear in mind anything to educate and enlighten yourself is a good and recommended thing as it would pay off in the long run. In terms of sitting Microsoft exams you don't need a requirement just get learning and install and play with the operating system.

Finally, get the MS press book on the 70-680 and preferably set up a lab using VMware or Virtual PC both of which are free. Cheerio and keep us informed of your decisions and progress.

Lastly with hard work, enthusiasm and determination anything is achievable and possible career wise. All the best:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

a bit of a necropost there :D

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP