ADVICE PLEASE

Discussion in 'A+' started by spy22, Jan 27, 2008.

1. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

I am really stuggling to get back into the swing of studying again as i passed my essentials before xmas but have had a prolonged break and am attempting to get stuck into the IT Tech section!! (the downfall of self study...my study motivation or lack of it lol)

Would it be worth me starting the A+ Mike Meyers book again from scratch to reinforce Essentials and my rusty knowledge or would I be wasting my time and should attempt to just carry on with Tech revision?

cheers all

spy

Certifications: Its who you know not what you know!!!
    WIP: CCNA?
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not sure what you mean by reinforcing your tech revision, the Mike Meyers books isn't meant to be read in sections you are supposed to read the whole thing from start to finish regardless of what exam path you are doing.

If you are finding studying hard you need to experiment with different methods until you find one that works for you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

I mean reinforce the stuff i have forgot from my A+ because as far as I am aware the main sections and structure of the exam is the same just the weighing percentages are different on the questions??:rolleyes:

4. greenbrucelee

How about getting some hands on experience by getting hold of an old pc taking it to bits then re-building it again. Also what about getting pc technician street smarts book with an old pc and doing the exercises in it.

5. greenbrucelee

6. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

thanks gbl

7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

In addition to GBL's advice, If you're having a hard time with specific topics you may want to look at specific chapter summaries. I haven't seen the Mike Meyers A+ book, but I assume it would have some sort of summary or review after each chapter.