Advice Please

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by rodeo, Mar 29, 2004.

1. OffSide

OffSide Nibble Poster

@rodeo
    grab some good books, study hard and keep your money for a nice holiday ....

Certifications: N+ MCP 210
    WIP: MCSE
  2. dom73

dom73 Bit Poster

:dry so no one knows about joskos? (or similar) they quiet long on the market..
    I really was expecting another answer

3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Sorry Dom73 but I've never heard of them.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It does seem that there is little info about this provider, a quick goggle didn't turn up much LINK.

Whether this is because they have such a good service or that they have not got such a large customer base as some of the other providers I cant be certain.

Have you talked to there sales people, do you know how much they are charging for their courses, if you come back to us with some prices we may be able to help you decide if your getting your moneys worth.

HTH, Si. :biggrin

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. Billy

Billy Bit Poster

I can't tell you too much about joskos. I remember calling everyone in the book last year.

I decided (after a referral) to go with EXP Solutions and did my A+, N+, Linux+, MCSA and CCNA.
    I was working 2 weeks later in my first network admin role.

After looking at their brochure again, they now offer the MCDST as part of their networking programme - NPP (same price).
    They also offer a free Security+ course for one person in each course. Can't turn your nose up at that!

Billy the kid

Certifications: A+, N+, Linux+ MCSA & CCNA
  6. dom73

dom73 Bit Poster

well, i've been there about six months ago and the price wasn't too high it was about 3000 - 4500 £, i'll get more information tomorrow.
    even if im start the course i am affraid that my english might be not good enough (they said is ok)

7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It all depends on what you get for your money. Thats alot of money to me. :biggrin

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Billy, such blatant advertising should not be posted like this. Doing it this way makes you look like a sales rep for this company, which is a very easy mistake to be made, if people look at page 22 (bottom) and see that you can earn £250 for a referral.:blink

If you want to link to something like this then link to the home page and let people find the info themselves.

My apologies if this is not the case, but we don't like spammers and sales reps here.:oops:

OTOH we all like good advice and help as to where to find it.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Billy

Billy Bit Poster

Nugget - Fair play.

The question was asked, and what did I do? I gave my 2 pence worth... I'm speaking from my experiences. Isn't that what people asked for, and what was asked for originally?

This is how it is:
    It worked for me, I got trained and into work fast.
    Why not spread the good word? These guys didn't look at me as if I was just a price tag or a number, but really helped me and made me part of the team. I consider most of them my friends.

Can't really blame me can you?
    Have you ever recommonded a service or product that worked well for you in the past? And like most people, if something's bad you'll tell everyone about it too! just look at all the negative Computeach posts here...

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Not in the least mate which is why I tried to be diplomatic about it and apologise up front if I had the wrong end of the stick (which I again do).

We all like to know where the best deals, the better training providers, cool software etc are, also where to stay away from and what to leave alone.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  11. dom73

dom73 Bit Poster

well.Billy, first at all i dont trust you......
    u r not behave.... like usual people, people like me..
    u have an answer and u dont./..... something is wrong about you.. anyway something is wrong,,,,,

12. Billy

Billy Bit Poster

Let me ask you, are you saying that I have to behave like you to be considered normal? Sure sounds like it.

Thanks for pointing out that something is wrong with me Dom73...
    I know that I get humour from "The Simpsons", sometimes laugh at other people's misfortunes and have a lazy eye, but there's no need to point it out to everyone haha :eyecrazy

13. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I dont perticularly think it was a sales pitch, a sales pitch would just publish a bunch of links, Billy gave us his experiance, and refered us to find out our own info about the company, he mentioned some offers,

i can see how these posts can be mis contrewed, but its pretty easy to spot a blatant sales ad, and someones opinion

no ones forcing you to use anyones opinions, you can and should make up your own mind

the nature of this section is going to contain comments, opinions, and outright advertisements, but i think thats what this section is for, to let members guage the opinion of others experiances, if someone posts an opinion that sounds like a sale pitch, members will take it with a pinch of salt, perhaps a very large one
    i dont think we need to be jumping on members for thier opinions, thats not really what the forums about

please take it easy on one another guys, and lets not jump to conclusions

Hahns all around *toss*

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  14. dom73

dom73 Bit Poster

yeah, maybe i'm overreacting (sorry bill) but is really important for me, the courses are not cheap and i want to know for what i will pay
    in joskos u need to pay 2680 + vat or 3617 + vat (price include exam vouchers)
    u can get MCSE, MCSA, CCNA plus MCDST or MCDBA for that price - info from brochure

15. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hey Phoenix, what's with the Hahns?

VB's or nothing.:alc

16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Hahns are far superior to even VB :)
    and available now at the JD weatherspoons down the road for 2.49 a bootle

eek :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  17. Billy

Billy Bit Poster

At risk of saying anything, or sharing any experiences becasue of everyone jumping on my back....

haha - Talk about a tough crowd! 2 attacks on me after being regestered for 2 days on this forum, and sharing personal experiences... (and here's me thinking this is what these forums are for? Personal comments, thoughts and communication)

Lets just pretend I didn't say anything in the earlier posts...
    Lets just pretend that I operate a sewing machine for a living...
    Lets just pretned that I don't earn £38,000 a year after being in industry for only 1 year...

Maybe my next posts should say something like:

"Dom - you asked for everyone's advise, I gave mine... I'm working in IT, and you're not. What makes your opinion better than mine? ...And using your words, what exactly doesn't make be "usual"?" If you know so much about training and getting employed, what are you doing asking everyone on these boards???"

But because I'm such a good natured person, I wouldn't say that...

AND for the record, my comments before weren't a sales pitch, but my personal thoughts on IT Training. The company I used (not going to use a name in fear of being attacked AGAIN) gave me the skills, commercial placement, CV skills etc and got my career on tracks.

Phoenix - I never mentioned any offers, I do believe that was NUGGET that mentioned something

18. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

So wtf is this Billy:
    Billy, your a salesman.Thanks for the laugh though, it's been really funny watching you try and convince us your not, hehe :p

Also, don't:!: try and pass this off on my mate nugget.I've quite clearly quoted you advertising an offer, so don't deny it ok, we aren't stupid.

your lucky I don't moderate this forum.You wouldn't last five minutes on this board if I ahd my way.
    Though I'm still entitled to my opinion.

Go away:!:

19. Billy

Billy Bit Poster

Ah yes... Felx22 I did say that... (forgot I did) :oops:
    I was actually referring to the comment nugget made saying "refer to page 22", and I wasn't trying to "pass it off as your mate nugget" as you put it.

Yes, nugget said his piece, reviewed things and came back with a different opion. Looks like a stand up guy.

Each to their own I say - Just as you are entitled to an opion...

I guess what can be said now is, I hope that anyone else offering help isnt subject to this type of come-back. :dry

If I felt that anyone could pick up a book and learn Linux, MS & Cisco and could land work (and save buckets of money) at the same time I'd suggest that...

20. JOEJOETHEJOEY

JOEJOETHEJOEY Bit Poster

Sorry for digging up this ancient thread. Hoping Rodeo is still around to give some feedback on Joskos. If you're still here Rodeo, how did it go?