1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Aug 25, 2006.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Has anyone played
    Counter Strike?

I am trying to get hold of some PC games for a LAN party. I have been told there is one by Valve called Counter-Strike that has bot's available on all the maps.

When I go onto amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/r...field-keywords=Counter-Strike&Go.x=10&Go.y=16

there's various editions and they don't say the are LAN but Online requirement! Also the product is done by EA games and not steam?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

im getting that hopefully soon.... when i do, i'll let you know..

edit: i reckon if you can play online you should be about to play on LAN. Normally i found, when it states online requirement, its mainly there to verify you key

3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Monkey, you can download it directly through Valve's Steam client - it will also probably work out much cheaper because all the prices are in Dollars and one Dollar = about 10p at the moment (or something like that anyway). You can get it cheaper still if you buy it through Steam as part of a package of games as well.

Also, your best bet is to get Counter-Strike Source which is the same game but runs on the Source engine (same as Half-Life 2) rather than the original HL engine so you get better graphics and the like.

HTH.:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks Baba!

It's good to see your back!

I have had a look at soem of the reviews on C-S:source, some say it can only be activated through the steam website?
    Sounds a bit like HL2. I had problem trying to get online when HL2 came out! I think there's must of been hundreds of people trying to get the account activated!

The reviews state, the graphics are run from half Life 2 engine but say can only be played online?

Have you played the game Baba?

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks zebulebu!

very helpful! I didn't realise until now that Wiki would have info on PC games. I tried several searches on Google & yahoo and Dog pile with no prevail to answering my questions!

Cheers Mate!:biggrin

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Cool!

Thanks Cheek:biggrin

8. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Haven't played CS:Source no. You're right though, Steam has to connect to you verify your account even if you're playing single-player.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270