1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on when to take exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by dazza007, Feb 23, 2012.

1. dazza007

dazza007 New Member

Hi,
    I have been studying A+ for a more than a month now solidly. I have read and reread the All-in-one guides and passport exam guides, exam cram book and the win 7 update.I have taken practice tests over and over again and am scoring over 90% on different test. Having done a bank of tests from Mike Meyers and Exam Cram I was concerned that I know the questions. I have built and rebuilt computers since the days of the pentium and Windows 95 so I have a fair background.
    What is a good indicator to know you are ready?

Cheers,
    Dazza:biggrin

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

You only need 60/70% - I would say your more than ready to take the exam :)

A good indiction is when you feel confident about the topic, you've read the required books (ie: MM AIO) and have the money for it 8)

ps: if you're concerned about the questions, consider buying the test simulators (Boson comes highly recommended)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I can vouch for the Boson Exam Software, I have been using it in preparation for my 220-701 and 220-701 which I am taking on the 27th February. They give you detailed explanations if you get the answer wrong, so really helps solidify the knowledge.

Good luck!

Certifications: AS Computing, A+, Network+, 70-680, 70-410
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  4. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

if u feel ready go for it!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. dazza007

dazza007 New Member

Thanks I booked both for next Friday!!

It is difficult to gauge as I have seen all the test questions... I might try the suggestions especially the 24hr access :)

Thanks again,
    Dazza