Advice on IT training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by InspClouseau, Nov 30, 2007.

1. InspClouseau

InspClouseau Bit Poster

:duel:duelI need some advice.

I started A+ training with ICS Distance Learing to the tune of £365 with N+ thrown in as a freebie. This was over a 6 weeks ago!

I was provided a Jean Andrews green book on A+ with the CD tutorial.
    The problem was knowing where to start a structured learning method with A+ Essentials. The book is detailed but does not explained a structured way to start learing.

I also got a book by Mike Meyers on A+ recently and I will soon start using it.

Can someone tell me on how to start reading the Meyers' book - do I follow a logical sequence (Chapter 1,2,3,4 etc) or do I use another pattern for the A+ Essentials. By the way I read 3 chapters on OS on the Andrews book which was more interesting than the chapter on Motherboards. Also, I am wondering whether a MCDST course would be more suited to me than an A+ because everybody like to learn something interesting.

Please advice.

InspClouseau ::duel

Certifications: BSc (Hons) in Computing & Statistics
    WIP: A+
  2. rowlando

rowlando Bit Poster

A+ is a good base to start before moving on to microsoft or any other certs.
    I personally would have gone with self study rather then distance learning to save money.
    All you would have needed to do is buy the books ICS have already given you and a couple of old pc's.

Certifications: JNCIA-FWV, LPIC 2, SCSA, CMA, 70-271
    WIP: 70-272