1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by IT hopefull, Jul 15, 2009.

1. IT hopefull

IT hopefull New Member

I have recently been one of the many who has wasted alot of money on a Computeach course (I haven't the energy to get into it!) anyway.

I am now in a situation giving me the time and determination to get my A+ and N+, hoping to go in the direction of possibly MCSE in the future.

I am going down the self study route with the books and sitting the tests through Prometric or PearsonVue.

Question I have is the A+ has recently changed I believe to the 601-602 etc, have the study books changed to keep up with the change.

What books do I need for the A+ and what books for the N+ and where can I buy them.

2. Mecha

Mecha Bit Poster

As far as I am aware, the books have not come out yet, because the exam hasn't just yet. So it's worthwhile waiting till the end of the year!

For now study the 601/602 All in One books from Mike Myers, and then just use an Exam Cram book or a Mike Myers Passport book for the new A+ exams, it should overlap. Ensure you check out the new A+ objectives too

Certifications: BSc Networking, A+ (601)
    WIP: MSc InfoSec, S+, CISMP, IA ISO27001
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

:eek:
    Or you could just study and take the current exams because they don't retire for another year.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. IT hopefull

IT hopefull New Member

Thanks for the info guys, books on the way. Serious head down time!!!:D