Advice needed please

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by Jim77, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Jim77

Jim77 New Member

Hi there guys :blink
    I am currently using solely CBT nugget videos to learn for the 70-228 and 70-229 exams respectively I really need to pass these exams as my job depends on it.

My employer has given me at least one month to get at least one of these exams or basically he is going to get rid of me and employ somone else who can the problem is apart from me being as lazy as a sloth is the 70-229 course sylabus feels much more comfortable to learn as I am a Access developer and have never worked in a Administrator role which seems to me what the 70-228 course entails.But the 70-228 would be more valuable in my day to day working environment as this is the knowledge I am lacking.Please advise which one would be the easiest to get considering my lack of time and enthusiasm and complete laziness. :blink

Thank you for your time reading this anyone who has got to this point .
    :ohmy
    Cheers
    Jimbob.

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

So, despite being lazy as a sloth and bereft of all enthusiasm, your employer is happy to keep you on if you have an MCP?
    :blink
    I wish mine were as considerate!

Seriously though, if you have some database experience but aren't too hot on the administration side, do 229. It's quite heavy on scripting and security/permissions etc. I did it a few weeks ago.

Or you could tell your boss that there's no point in doing either of the SQL 2000 exams when 2005 is due for imminent release so you'd rather wait for the up-to-date one. That will buy you a few months to have a sleep at your desk!

Lovely.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Jim77

Jim77 New Member

Thanks Jonny that seems like a lovely excuse but i don't think he will go for that one as we have just got SQL 2000 installed after using Access 97 for nearly a decade so I think he won't fall for that one but cheers for the thought.

Contrary to your advise I am going to go for the 228 and see how far I get as I have got some good resources and it seems to be less work so fingers crossed I might keep my job.

anyway mate will let you know how I get on.

Thanks Again
    Jim

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

No problem!
    See how it goes. Like I said, the concepts in 229 will be more familiar to you as they cover database normalization etc. But there is a camp that says you should learn to install and configure before you use...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD