Advent or Computeach???

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by YankeeRuinX, May 12, 2008.

1. YankeeRuinX

YankeeRuinX New Member

Hi I have been visited today by both companies and their salesmen and was wondering what people thought about both companies. Advent have recommended that I do a Master CIW Designer course as I'm really interested in getting into Web Development. Computeach on the other hand said more or less the same and do the Master CIW Designer course but because of my background he also said that I would probably be more suited going down the Networking path and doing the MCSA.
    Has anyone worked with either of these companies or done either of the courses, what are they like, will it actually help with getting into the IT industry?
    Thanks for your help everyone :biggrin

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You might want to search this very forum, using the name of those companies as your key word.. I'm sure you will get a lot of info relating to your question.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What background is that mate? Have you worked in IT before? 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Im sure plenty of people here will tell you the virtues of self study, but everyone is different.

My MCSA is the product of self study, i have purchased books and CBT videos and have all the physical hardware and software i need to train myself with.

Some people need a guiding hand, but i think for the prices these people charge, its a very expensive hand.

*edit*
    Oh and i have a job in IT, which is what neither self study nor these companies can offer - experience

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal