Advent / CDSL

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Agent Smith, May 18, 2006.

1. Juspaul

Juspaul Bit Poster

I was just on the prometric site and Advents office is listed as a prometric test centre!

Certifications: C&G Print Origination
    WIP: A+, CIW
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's exactly what these forums are for. That comfort blanket isn't worth thousands of dollars/pounds, not when there's a free resource available right here, chock full of good, honest IT professionals who are willing to help for free.

Besides, a tutor won't be available to help you when you're in an IT job trying to figure out how to configure a production server or firewall or router. At some point, you've got to learn to figure things out on your own. Companies aren't going to pay for you to take expensive training courses throughout your IT career. Might as well start out becoming self-sufficient.

EDIT: Next time, I'll look at the posting date! :oops:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Just looking at those timescales, 2 classroom days for the 70-291 exam, not a lot of time for what is a very hard exam.

Also for 18 classroom days it will cost around 4K, quite a lot of money.

The more i see of these courses the more i think they are grossly overpriced.

And no where does it say you should have IT inductry experience before going for MCSE.

It will all end in tears :S

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal