Adobe Type Manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by philbenson, Oct 1, 2008.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

OK longshot time. I've installed Adobe Type Manager Deluxe 4.12 (think that's right) onto some PCs in our school network. As an admin user when I log on it works fine, but when I log on as a student user I get an error message saying certain registry keys require write permissions.

In the same message it says view the read me file for more info but of course that says nothing about the registry!

Anyone help?

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

It will require administrative rights and I doubt this requirement can be removed. It's effectively the same for any installable program that requires local installation and admin rights to run - this one is no different.

A work-around with be to add 'Domain Users' to the local administrators group to permit the program to run as intended.

Else, read up more about it on google is my advice.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Which OS are you installing it on

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

It's Windows XP. Problem solved by adding Domain Users to local Admins Group. Thought I had already done that which is why I was puzzled! Thanks for your help.

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  5. Qs

My pleasure. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. ireeve

ireeve New Member

For XP, exactly what does "add 'Domain Users' to the local administrators group" mean?

What must I do?

7. Qs

• Right-Click My Computer
    • Click Manage
    • Navigate to Local Users and Groups
    • Navigate to Administrators Group
    • Click Add
    • Enter the username of the user you wish to give admin rights to

Qs