Adaware se personal?!

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by pengie, Aug 1, 2008.

1. pengie

pengie Bit Poster

Hi all,
    I have been reading some of the threads on here regarding getting rid of spyware, and quite a few people recommend adaware se personal.

Could anybody tell me is it straight forward and easy to use?? ...and if so could somebody give me a link to download it as i would rather use a link that is trusted rather than downloading it from somewhere myself and probably downloading something dodgy instead.

If you dont recommend adaware se personal...what would you recommend??

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
    pengie x

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

try this http://www.adware-2009.com/v4/ I replied to your other thread about your pop ups too

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Ad-aware is a good tool to use, but I prefer to use more then one tool when I do scanning for spyware and ad-aware. The other tools that I use are hijack this and Spy bot search and destroy. I find both of these tools pretty easy to use, no special configurations are needed.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I have to agree, spy-bot S&D is a great tool to use to remove spyware. Also hijack this can give plenty of info on what is running on your PC from the generated log file. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Spyware doctor is pretty thorough and user-friendly.

You can download Spyware Doctor Starter Edition FREE from google pack here

Google pack is a collection of free programs, when downloading just download the Spyware doctor app, you will see all the programs listed with a tick box next to them, untick all the others apart from spyware doctor to download the single program.

Once you've installed any spyware/adware removal programs remember to always press 'Update' before running scans and that way you will have all the latest definitions/signatures so that the program can find and remove all the latest spyware/adware/malware.

Hope this helps

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT