Action Pack

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Raffaz, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Has anyone tried the 64 bit vista in the action pack? Is it an upgrade or full product? Cheers

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Think it is the upgrade mate. You might be able to install it from scratch and then run the upgrade on the original install though.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Raffaz

Just tried it and its the full install, activated first time :D

4. Sparky

Nice one mate, wonder why the 32bit version was only an upgrade. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Action pack?? what do you mean action pack? what OS have you upgraded from?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. Sparky

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

8. Sparky

No, you just have to sign up for it mate. Pay the £200 and get an Action Pack through the door a few weeks later. Think there is soon to be an on-line test before you can get it though.

9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Oh well, that's what it said on the website under the enrol bit, although at the moment i am having trouble reading the web page. i have got a stinking cold and accidently rubbed some Vicks into my eye...boy does it sting!:oops::(

10. Sparky

Ouch! Think I may have to take the test when I renew the AP so I`ll let you know how it goes. 8)

11. Raffaz

I think the tests are in place now, so you might have to do one to get the pack UCM.

12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum about the action pack, I think BM mentioned that he was looking at getting a Technet Plus Direct subscription. I've also been looking at this and see the same benefits without the mandatory training courses. The problem is that I think that it costs a little more, for me about 100 francs more. With the Technet Plus Direct you also have to download the software but with the Technet Plus Single User you get the content on CD/DVD. I don't know that it's worth 400 francs more (in my case) just to have it on cd.

It might be something else for you all to look at.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  13. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Don't forget to add the Technet Plus Direct $100 off code

Don't know about you folks across the big pond...hopefully it works for you too :D

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

man if all the CF members put a few quid in, attached there MCP ids to a partner account, and did some random client work for references.. we could just get Gold partner status, get free MSDN Universal subscriptions and free VLKs lol

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  15. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

CertForums Microsoft Gold Partner. Now there's a thought. :ohmy

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  16. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Any of you guys know what the difference is between the Action Pack and Technet? I've currently got the Technet Plus Direct and it's coming up to renewal time, and if the AP is better I'll probably change.

Cheers
    NB:)

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  17. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

With the Action Pack, they send you the CDs/DVDs (and a binder to put them in). They give you 10 licenses for each client-based app and OS, and 1 license for each server-based app and OS. However... the only Vista they include is an upgrade version of Vista Business. Pity the poor soul who doesn't have an extra copy of XP lying around to upgrade! :ohmy Plus, with Vista Business, you can't work with ANY of the things that come in Vista Home Premium (media stuff) or Ultimate.

With TechNet Plus Direct, you have to download the images and burn them to CD/DVD. The licenses, as far as I am aware, are unlimited. And best of all, EVERY version of Vista are included - full versions, not upgrades. At least, this is what I've been told by someone who currently has TechNet Direct.

Both restrict you to using the software for use in a non-production environment... meaning, you can't use it to host an external Web site, but you can use it to train yourself on an internal Web site.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  18. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, BM, there's 1 iso for Vista that includes all versions sans Enterprise -- that's a separate iso.

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... and keys for each version. Wish they included those for the Action Pack's Vista...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Cheers for the info BM. I think I'll stick with TechNet.

NB:)

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA