Problem Acer Driver Prob!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by kat731, Jun 20, 2010.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi all,

ok, might aswell chuck one at ya, sort of im back kinda present.. Ha!

Acer Travelmate 220. Clean install of XP, got drivers from Acer webby. No listed driver for sound apart from one for 2K.
    Sound devices says Intel(r) 82801CA/CAM AC97 no drivers installed.
    When i do a driver update it changes to AC97 with yellow exclamation. This device cannot be started code 10.
    Belarc says M/B is Intel Almador-M.
    Updated the chipset driver, the BIOS is pretty rubbish to be honest, audios not even listed.
    Downloaded the lastest from Realtek, 4.06, but it seems to hang halfway then i have to reboot it.
    Iv searched and tried different ones, well apart from when you keep getting Driver detective and other annoying things in the way.

This ones got me baffed i have to say..

Thoughts???

Kat

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Might be worth getting the latest up to date chipset drivers (I guess Intel?) and then trying again after that.

You could also try a different version of XP (eg Tiny XP) which comes with a much improved driver database compared to the vanilla XP. Or even try multibooting it with Vista or W7 and seeing if either of them can get the sound working. You never know, it could actually be a hardware defect.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Thanks Modey..

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884