acer aspire repair giudes?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bobcat, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat New Member

My ancient Acer Aspire 7000, of just just over 2 years is starting to show the first signs of old age, and i'm wondering where i can find a online repair guide on .pdf, and a website as to where I can find parts? My main problem with my laptop is the Synaptic's mouse pad and the primary left click - i'm afraid you have to click on the pad a few times before it works! :eek:
    Bob

Certifications: A+ MCDST
    WIP: N+ CCNA NVQ customer support
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi Bobcat,

I buy and fix damaged laptops to sell, and find that ebay is a great place for sourcing all laptop parts.

As for an online repair guide I'd have a search on google, and if no luck there, then another search on ebay may throw something up.

HTH

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat New Member

Picked one up on ebay for £2.50 on CD Cheer! As for parts, yep, i'll have a look on ebay..
    Bob

Certifications: A+ MCDST
    WIP: N+ CCNA NVQ customer support
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi Bobcat,

I've had a look on ebay and it looks like the touchpad is part of the base plastics. You will know for sure when you get the manual or take yours apart.

I found this on ebay, but there are some others also for sale.

HTH

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Worst case scenario, you have to start using an external mouse. :) Not the absolute worst thing in the world, but can be a pain having to find an available flat surface...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!