Access to OS, routers, switches

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by ACA Ron, May 16, 2009.

?

Are you be willing to pay to access hardware/software to prepare for cert with?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2009.
  1. Definitely would

14.3%
  2. Probably would

33.3%
  3. Not sure

14.3%
  4. Probably not

28.6%
  5. No way

9.5%
  1. ACA Ron

ACA Ron New Member

If you were offered full admin rights to an operating systems, access to 2620 routers and switches over the Internet, would you pay a small hourly fee to use them?

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CNA, CCNA, A+, Networ
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Im sure this post got deleted yesterday as it was flagged as SPAM yesterday.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's was sorted out yesterday :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Probably not, I'm not studying for any Cisco qualifications and as for access to servers/desktops my dept and I have access coming out of our ears :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Same here. It's also a bit confusing as to whether you are asking about training use or real world use.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Regarding the OPs question, other companies already do this, so the concept works.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

It would depend on my situation and what I was preparing for.
    For example, if I'm travelling quite a bit, having equipment on hand wouldn't work. If I'm preparing for the CCNP or CCIE I'd need access to real equipment (if not at my hands then at least remote access).

But renting space usually isn't the cheapest route to go.

8. ACA Ron

ACA Ron New Member

Hi there! If anyone would like more information you can PM me or post your question in this thread and I would be happy to provide any information I can. In answer to Nugget it is for training, helping prepare for certs, not for real world use to store or use on a daily basis. For Sunn, it would be ideal for those traveling or don't have resources to use.

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CNA, CCNA, A+, Networ
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. In that case I probably would use it if I was studying for Cisco qualifications.

Other than that, as mentioned there are other providers that offer the same services but another one wouldn't hurt, especially if the prices and services were competitive.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685