Access to home directory via webpage

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guy's

To follow on from this thread, I was wondering if anyone knows of a cheap/free way of accessing your home folder/directory from a webpage.

I've already tried setting up a ftp site and already tried webdav however there are problems with IE7 and vista, plus I'm looking for something easy for the kids at our school to use.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not sure if this will help Ken but here goes.

At work I use an ftp set up that accesses customers files that they have uploaded to a site that gives us a certain amount of space (this place is company based in the US called WAMNET), I also use ftp client software called cuteFTP this allows me to access a customers folder on their network which directly relates to the files I need to download from them.

cuteFTP works well, its easy to setup and as long as both ends grant it full access then thats it here is a link to the site http://www.globalscape.com/products...ogle-CuteFTP&gclid=CLOsqf_qvJECFQPtlAodPTIJdg

hope this helps

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'm not sure I know precisely what you are looking for here. :ohmy

Do you want the web-page to display the folder the same way that you would see it in Windows explorer? If so, some people will want to 'run' an app from that!

Or just to be able to transfer files? For that I use WinSCP.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+