Academy Program - Practical and written this week

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by datarunner, Jul 29, 2008.

1. datarunner

datarunner Byte Poster

hi all

not been on for a while.

anyway ive enrolled in a CCNET / MCDST course at the University Of West Scotland.

the CCNET stuff seems pretty basic and we have a practical and written exam this week on semister 1.

i just wanted to know if anyone else has been on the CISCO Academy program and how these class exams compare to the real CCNET exam

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 210, 270, HNC Networking
    WIP: MCSA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

psst... it's the CCENT. ;) :wink:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. datarunner

datarunner Byte Poster

hi there

im not sure its the full CCNET yet cos we have only covered semister 1 which was just basic networking and security. we havent even touched subnetting or the routers yet. the deal is you have to pass the practical and written before you even get on to semister 2.

so ill let u know how i get on

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Dude... check your acronym: Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)... NOT CCNET. :thumbleft

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question. I have no idea how the Cisco Academy program exams compare to the actual certification exams - I've never attended Cisco Academy. I suspect the Academy exams are easier, if only because you're taking exams on bits and pieces of learning that you can fit in a single semester... not the whole ball of wax.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

for the CCENT, you will be studying for the ICND1 exam, which I am doing at the moment with QA-IQ in one week.

If you have only done a third of what is going to take you a year (effectively 3 terms or semesters, right?) then the first semester test isn't going to be that hard, as you say, you haven't even touched a router or a switch yet.

Just take a look at the cisco site to see what they are expecting you to know within the subject areas you have covered and then, compare it to what you have learnt this semester. Revise that and you'll be sorted.
    :)

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-822.html

If you are interested in what you are learning, then that can be key to motivation and ultimately, your success in pretty much anything you do.

Good luck

6. datarunner

datarunner Byte Poster

Hi all

thats us completed semister 1 and i got 92% on my written (online) and a 90 for my practical.

1 more semister then if i pass i can sit the CCENT

CHEERS

7. datarunner

datarunner Byte Poster

hi all

passed CISCO Net Academy semister 2 with 84%

gives me a free CCENT exam voucher

just need to brush up on some things for the CCENT exam

thanx to everyone for their comments and help

regards

8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Glad to hear it :) Well done and congrats! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA