Abused IT workers ready to quit

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Abused IT workers ready to quit

A quarter of IT staff in small and medium-sized businesses have suffered verbal or physical abuse at work, and many are looking for careers elsewhere, according to new research from IT support firm Connect.

The study also found that over a third have suffered from sleepless nights or headaches as a result of IT problems at work, while 59 per cent spend between one and 10 hours a week working on IT systems outside normal hours.

"With so many companies experiencing financial problems in the past year, it is not surprising that there is additional stress on IT managers, no doubt because technology is such a vital part of most enterprises," said Mark MacGregor, chief executive of Connect.

Read the whole article here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Sparky
      Sparky
      True, I was working over 100 (yes 100!) hours a week before Xmas. :rolleyes: