About to start Studying for the 70-290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by mad_maxx, Nov 23, 2007.

1. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

Hi there,

After an aborted attempt earlier in the year, I have decided that I am going to study for the 70-290 and aim to pass it no matter what. I will not give up this time!!

I have procured some study materials for the 70-290 which include -

CBT Nuggets
    Exam Cram for 70-290 (Second Edition).

Having watched through a few chapters of the CBT Nugget previously, it doesn't seem to touch on the PSSU, so I assume the courseware is based around Win 2003 - pre R2.

Once I have been through the CBT Nuggets for the 70-290 and used the exam cram book I will be purchasing some on-line tests to see how I am doing - can anyone make any recommendations?

I do have the official MS Press Book, however not having the hardware or time to set up virtual PCs, it is sometimes difficult to follow....

Will the combination of the CBT Nuggets and Exam Cram Book be sufficient to pass 70-290?

Cheers

Mad_Maxx

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I think thats a good combo you got there, as am currently preparing for this exam too and have nearly gone through the MS press book. I have also bought the exam cram book for the 70-290 by Dan Balter, second edition which covers WSUS.

I have a dell poweredge server running win server 2003 standard edition and enterprise edition. This also includes VMWare server and virtual Oses and domain controller for carrying out the labs in the books.

I also have the TestOut simulator as well as just bought the prelogic exam study mega guide for $1 and 5$ respectively. With regards to exam prep transcenders is highly recommended. Best wishes and lets know what you decide and how you get on:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell