About to start MCSE

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by doppers, Aug 9, 2008.

1. doppers

doppers Bit Poster

Hi everyone. I am about to start an MCSE part time course running over 12 weeks. I do have an IT background so i am familiar wit server administration and networking but felt i needed the accreditation to progress further to make me more employable. I was just wondering if there is any advice or tips from people who may of completed or currently studying towards MCSE?? Thanks :)

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Sorry but a part-time MCSE course in 12 weeks? Even if you did a proper boot camp using Microsoft's time that would be 7 full weeks (1 full week per module). Who are you doing the course with? What's your IT experience like (having an IT background is a bit vague :) )? If you don't mind me asking.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

With an Av like that, you will go far my friend :cheeseyg

WIP: LIFE
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:), have you considered the self study route? This way all you'd need is one to two computers at home with the MS press books and study at your own pace plus it's cheaper.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I don't want to put you off, but you are going to pass 6 exams in 12 weeks part time.

You will need to cover and remember 500 pages of material per week!

I wish you good luck with that, as I think you will need that and ALOT of coffee!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Hi and welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  7. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

The MCSE is a lot harder, and covers a lot more than you think! 12 weeks is a tight schedule, if you really know your stuff I guess you could do it.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009