1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About:blank lost post...

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by twizzle, May 13, 2006.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Hey guys need help again...

I been looking for a post about a problem with IE homepage. I think it was titled About:blank. It covered the removal of a piece of spyware with a link to a good site with tools to get rid of it. Think the spyware was called spyfox....

I need to find it as my old man seems to now have this on his system... he's had the homepage hijacked to about:blank and a warning to download a spyware removal tool popup. All this reminds me of that post and i think thats what he's got...
    Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Harry posted this a while back:

It is excellent. 8)
    Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for that Johnny but it wasnt quite what i was looking for. There was a post on CF a few weeks back, (cant remeber who the OP was and cant find the post), It had a link to a site that had the fix and files for this particular malware/spyware. It worked a treat on me g/f's PC and now i need it fer the old mans.... i just lost all info on about it tho... Next time i add it to me favs in IE lol :oops:
    Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

As fas as I know that would be the link. And the usual removal tool for that is cwshredder.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+