About BCS & IET membership and Ceng.

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by msl1997, May 18, 2016.

1. msl1997

msl1997 New Member

Dear all,

I am Certforum member. So the following post in " Training and development" area.
    Now I visit "Professional Associations" area. So I post my association question in this area.

I got a B.Sc of electronic since 2000 at part time. I have worked telecommunication industry more than 15 years. And I have a Radio network Engineer more than 5 years. My responsibility was radio network design, product evaluation and development and project management.

After 2005, I changed to another web hosting company. Now I am a website development manager and online business consultants for 10 years. I need help customers to develop their ecommerce system. Would you mind tell me that can I apply MIET and Chartered Engineer CEng of information technology under IET?

Or I can apply BCS member and Ceng later. Need I get a Master of Engineer degree?

I want to know the professional image between MBCS and MIET if I have not Ceng.
    But I feel the professional image of IET better than BCS.

For apply Ceng, is IET is more difficult than BCS.

Best Regard
    Wilson

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Wilson,

The question is not whether getting the CEng is harder under the IET or the BSC, but whether or not you have the requirements to gain the CEng... The CEng is controlled by the ECUK, so both the IET and the BCS have to adhere to the requirements set by them...

So I would say take a look at the requirements and decided based on your education and work experience... There is another option, if you do not qualify for the CEng and that is the CITP from the BCS. While the CEng is the Chartered Engineer status, the CITP is the Chartered IT Professional status.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Ken, 2 year old Necro Post :p

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

haha, I know, but there wasn't an answer ;)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security