AAARRRGGGHH - He's coming tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Chorltonwheelie, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Chorltonwheelie

Chorltonwheelie New Member

Hi Everyone,

Sorryt to repeat what seems a common posting but the Computeach guy is coming tomorrow and i've been looking at the postings on this forum and i'm now thinking that I should buy some heavy duty padlocks and deadbolt all my windows!

I have been speaking to another smaller (local) company in Cardiff who didn't exactly try to put me off Computeach but did echo alot of what you guys are saying.

What do you guys have to say about the smaller fish as opposed to the many predators in these IT waters (sorry to type like a fool....this guys arrival is kinda getting me nervous!)

I am loking to do do the A+,N+ and MCSE..........although i'm thinking I should prehaps "dip my toe first" and do the A+ on it's own.

Once again........hello to everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'd say it more comes down to what certs and materials the provider is offering, rather than size of outfit. However, you would want to make sure that they carry at least some sort of reputation, ie check for vendor accreditation, etc.

Stand firm with the C/T rep tomorrow m8 - check around here and elsewhere for more info so you are fore-armed, and DO NOT sign anything on the day without having time to consider his/her offer. It will not end at 5:30, there are no reduced rates or limited places - see the person on YOUR terms m8.

Oh, and welcome and good luck with your certs - good to have you aboard :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Chorltonwheelie

Chorltonwheelie New Member

Thanks for that.

The Cardiff company was reommended to me by LearnDirect.

I got the impression that they would do their utmost to help me along............as the guy said " We can't afford to have a bad reputation"

Cheers for your posting.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Depending on what tech background and experience you have, I'd personally recommend at least trying the A+ on your own - would cost less than £200, and if you find you are suited to self-study, then it could save you a sh1t-load down the line.

Book would be around £40, £100-110 for the exam, so it might be worth a thought.

The rest of the Guys will offer up some more info soon. Finally, at the risk of seeming rude, you might want to carry on this discussion via a new thread on the Comptia A+ forum, and there's loads more opinions and advice there too :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Advice, well really wot Gav said.

Oh and Chorlton and the wheelies were brill. Another childrens prog under-rated IMOA

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings Chorltonwheelie. Welcome to Certforums. I can't add anything here. Just wanted to pop in and say "hi". :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

welcome to the forum m8. Echo what Jakamoko has said. Don't be pushed into signing anything until you have at least 24 hours to digest the information and look at all your options. Also echo Jakamoko on the A+ thing. I would really self learn on the A+ as it will save you a load of money for a cert that isn't too difficult to learn as long as you know your way around a PC.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  9. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  10. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi All

Did he/she arrive and what did they say?