A+

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by shocksl, Jul 29, 2011.

1. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

EDIT: for the exam - 70-680

so what are the best methods/ tools for this exam?

I hear the Micro Press is full of errors. Is it worth buying?

For those who have done this exam. What recommendations would you give to a person who is about to begin revision with very little experience. although I am a quick learner.

Lastly what are the average prices for something like CBT nuggets?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

You mean A+? I would recommend the Mike Meyers study book. I believe it might also have practice questions...

The exam is not too difficult as long as you study and get some hands on practice. CBT nuggets can get expensive, you should be able to find out how much exactly by going to their website.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

sorry it was supposed to be 70-680

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

All good... You can use the MS Press books I guess... but I heard its not an easy exam to do.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

i think you might need to do something like the a+ to get what they are talking about in that book. I was going to do that as the first exam but managed to get to chapter 3 of the microsoft book and started to get lost when it was talking about PXE environments and loading from a network location etc. I done the A+ to be able to understand that book better. Also there's a note in the book taht says the course is intended for people that have been in IT for at least 1 year.
    If you don't actually take the A+ test, read the book first or you'll be wasting your money n the MS book because you probably won't understand it.

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon