1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by Leehaa, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Hello,

I've just realised how long it is since I took my last exam towards MCSA, and have decided to start studying again (we should finally have a study to do it in toward the end of next week!)....but this time for the A+, then poss Network +....then only after that continue MCSA (perhaps even do an MCP for Excel and Word first).

My reason for this is that I am learning quite a lot of stuff that will help towards the MCSA in my new job so i'll be gaining experience that way, but I feel that there is some fundamental knowledge that I'd like to expand on (or at least confirm I know) first - so, kind of take a side-ways step before moving upwards...

Have the Mike Myers A+ guide so I guess this is a good start.

Can anyone recommed any other reading material?

(I guess it's already been covered loads of times before, but if you don't mind repeating, then please do!)

Cheers,

L

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Trips book http://www.amazon.co.uk/PC-Technician-Street-Smarts-CompTIA/dp/0470084588 will help, its real easy to work with. Its basically an exercise book where you can practice the skills needed.

Cramsessions do some good free Pdf dowloads.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep: Trip's book. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!