A+ with Advent

Discussion in 'A+' started by Dougydug, Jan 18, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Transcender IS Kaplan. More accurately, Transcender (and Self Test) is part of KaplanIT, which is part of Kaplan, which is part of The Washington Post Company.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Perhaps... but there's a reason for that: many TPs "guarantee" a job to be handed to them on a plate. :rolleyes:

To address the latter half of your quote, there are many people who use a TP because of the excuse that they can't study if they're not given motivation and/or a structured training plan to study. And those are the exact people who end up, as you say, taking two years to complete the A+. I've seen it happen over and over and over again. For those who say they absolutely can't study unless they go with a TP, I say that they're in the wrong career field.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

that's true so much of IT is doing stuff on your own and researching

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Indeed.

In IT we're lucky that there are so many resources out there to use.
    Having a weird error code or a BSOD?
    Google it, and you'll get tons of advice, fixes and solutions.
    If you were trying to fix a knocking radiator, you'd find it slightly harder to find the help you need.

If you need to call a tutor to ask what DNS means, then as you say, maybe IT isn't for you.
    Let's face it, if you haven't found Wikipedia and Google by then, what chance do you have?
    My son has, and he's 8.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Truth, although I do acknowledge that BM does have a valid point in his response.

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD