A weekend with the Professor?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Jaron78, May 11, 2015.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

Been studying like mad for the 70-680. Making extensive notes using the official book, planning on finishing that by Friday.

I have the whole weekend free, so my question is:

Is it possible to cram in the WHOLE of the Messer Lab's, Questions etc, all in a Weekend?

If so, that leaves me with over a week to get through IT Free Training for Windows 7, as well as allowing me to read extensive notes and do practice tests for 4 days+.

Thanks,

Ron

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Anything's possible mate, it entirely depends on you, your ability to absorb info but more importantly retain it. Good luck, I'll have a few beers on your behalf :beerfunnel:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Jaron78

Cool, thanks Jim.
    I am struggling to retain information I will be honest. Been trying to get through this and its just driving me nuts.
    Once I have the MCTS Book out the way, I will give it a go.
    Jane is at work both Saturday and Sunday, so 7am start for me and hopefully have 90% of it done by the time she comes home on Saturday.
    Enjoy the beers, I have a whole weekend of Pizza, Destiny House of Wolves and Beers if I get this exam passed. Now there is an incentive :hurrah:

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So one thing I would stress here is stop over cramming, take some time off and forget the subject matter, especially if the exam is close, you either know it by this stage or you don't.

The last thing you want to do is frag your brain and forget even basic stuff that you know you remember, it can happen to the best of us (as an example of this, I pay for my weekly fuel on an Amex card, I have been doing that for the last 3 years, same Amex card, same PIN number, this week I went to fill up the car and for the life of me simply couldn't remember the pin, even my muscle memory was failing me, after the 2nd attempt I had to use a different card, go to work, log on to the Amex site and remind myself what that number was).

The reason for the brain fail? Stress and Anxiety.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Jaron78 likes this.
  5. Jaron78

So what your saying Simon is that I should go and play Destiny for an hour or two ;)

Thank you. Advice has been taken on Board. Have about two weeks till the exam so will try and spread out the studying.

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Absolutely but as it says in my sig, it's just my view, don't blame me ;)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA