1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A wee tip for studying

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by armouredcrack, Nov 19, 2008.

1. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

I don't know if this affects anyone else, but when i used to study i could feel my mind wandering to other things that were bothering me like trying to get a new job. I found myself thinking about things i could put on my CV or what other courses i could do. Which then led me away from my studies to do some research instead.

Now i write anything that is on my mind down on a notepad (including when i will sort them out) before i start studying and it works a treat. I remain focused and i then deal with the other things later after i have finished studying.

Hope this helps anyone that is trying to study and has got other things going on as well that is bothering them.

Happy studying.

Ian :D

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. piccadilly

piccadilly Byte Poster

If studying at home I usually find my mind wandering to something other than what I supposed to be reading.

I remember at university, one of our lecturers would carry a mini-notepad with her at all times, so anything on her mind she would write down.

Thanks for the tip.

3. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Nice tip. Normally when i need to study and my mind wanders on anything which will reduce my level of concentration, i just take a time out on things that will put me back on the study mood like play a game of chess, take a walk, watch my fav movie/series or even pick up a novel by Robert Ludlum(fav author).... kind of weord but it works for me

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  4. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Nice tip, I like that!

Thanks, rep given.

Mercury

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT