a wee glasgow lad

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by farmer, Nov 30, 2006.

1. farmer

farmer Byte Poster

A Young Glasgow lad went to London looking for a job in Harrods "Do you have any sales experience?" asked the manager.

"The famous Barras mate", nodded the young Weegie. The manager liked the lad, so he gave him the job.

The young Scot's first day was challenging and busy, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down to see how he was

settling in. "So... how many sales did you make today?", he smiled at the boy. The weegie said: "Jist the wan." The manager was immediately disappointed. "What? Just one? Harrods' sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day! Dear me! Oh well, how much was the sale for anyway?" "£101,237.64" said the lad. The Harrods manager choked. "Blimey... One hundred and one thousand,

two hundred and thirty-seven pounds and sixty four pence! What in hell did you sell him?" "Well, first ah selt him a wee fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and then ah selt him a new fishing rod. Then ah asked him where he was gaun' fishing, and he said doon the coast, so ah telt him he would need a boat. We went doon tae the boat department and ah selt him that twin-engined Power Cat... then he said he didn't think his wee Honda Civic could pull it, so ah took him down to car sales and ah selt him a Suzuki 4x4" The manager was now incredulous. "Wait a minute. You mean to tell me a man came in here to buy a small fish hook but you sold him a boat AND a four-by-four ... "

"Naw naw, big man... he came in tae buy a box of tampons fur 'is missus and ah said........."Well pal, seein' as how yer weekend's f**ked, ye might as well go fishing.

Certifications: C&G level 2, ECDL, IC3, MOS
    WIP: city and guilds level3 , a+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Brilliant !! :clap

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

Haw haw haw, i like it!

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Classic!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I have worked with English, Irish, Scottish and of course, Welsh people. It seems to me, we all like the jokes that take the *mickey* out of ourselves!

Regards

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Canny one lol

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That's a cracker :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)