A wee bit of help with my CV, if you could.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Lhyet, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Lhyet

Lhyet New Member

Hi guys =)

I've decided to have a bit of a rewrite of my CV now that I'm making a big forward push to get into the IT industry.
    It's the first CV that I've ever had to write (application form for my current job) and as I don't really speak to anyone who works in IT, I thought I'd post it here to get some tips from you guys.

Many thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• CV.doc
      File size:
      32 KB
      Views:
    Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Don't consider myself as a CV guru, take my suggestions as guidelines only!
    I've taken my CV, put away all my details and put some of yours. All the suggestions are on it. I've used mine cause I think it is a bit more readable. Anyway your cv isn't bad.

You could search the forum for tips, there were many links to excellent articles about CV's.

btw attached doc is a good example of bad formatting, use it on your own risk

maybe after you'll post next version of CV some more experienced members will give you some tips.

View attachment xxx.doc

3. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

No offence, but it does look quite plain. I would think this is reasonably important because first impressions count. Try using a different font or some styling to help it stand out from other CV's.
    You have all the right content though. I would probably remove your GCSE's- since you have additional and more relevant qualifications else where :)