A "the shoe is on the other foot" style rant... ish...kind of...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Oct 7, 2008.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

OMG full time job and part time degree..that's tough to juggle. I used to do a Full time degree in Chemistry and part time job and found it very hard to keep on top of the house work. Then again most of my house mates party all night and lived out of a KFC bucket!:biggrin

I remember when we all sat down to work out a rota on who does what around the house. As soon as the student union bar opened that Rota when out of the window! (about 5 minutes after drawing it up) LOL!:p

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

wait a moment your yonger than him does that make you a toy girl:tune:wink:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Yes, I'm the younger, prettier, superior model (his last GF was his age :rolleyes:)

Trouble is, he's mislaid the instruction booklet, and I'm not functioning as required. If he tries to reformat me, I'll poke him in the eye with a pitchfork :rolleyes: :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

LOL! :biggrin

Um, I mean, what a terrible thing to say. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. BoneManJohn

BoneManJohn New Member

Hi

Here's my 2 penn'orth: Communication is the key here - men & women really are very different & the old jokes about 'What Women say vs What Men hear' and 'What Women Say vs What Women mean' are all based in truth... :rolleyes:

I suggest reading a book called, "Why Men don't talk and Women can't read maps" and then getting him to read it too! It's like 'Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars' but easier to read and with more jokes.

To me it also makes more sense and has more practical suggestions for dealing with our differences once you both work out where each of you is coming from.

I'm talking from experience here (I'm English and have been married to an American woman woman for nearly 17 years) Not only did we have the male/female difference to get over but also the UK/USA culture difference.

'Have to back up Mitzs 110% - if you put up with how things are, then they won't change...

Good luck,

John :)

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: A+, CCNA
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Jack and Jill recently get married
    Jack says to Jill " Wear these pants"
    Jill replies "Their too big, i'll never fit in them"
    Jack replies "Exactly, I'm the Man, and I wear the pants in this house!"

Jill says to Jack "Try these knickers on Jack my darling"
    Jack replies "Their too small!, I'll never fit in them"
    Jill replies "Exactly, if you keep that attitude up, you'll never get into them!"