A techy's toolkit :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leosdelsol, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Taita

Taita Nibble Poster

Don't go toooo cheap though mate, people won't take you seriously. And you are undervalueing yourself.

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I dunno what the going rate is over there... but I charge my clients $100/hr. They happily pay it, because when I'm done, their stuff works, and they rarely have to call me back out until they need something else added or changed.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. aknot

aknot New Member

I would also carry a couple of flash drives, especially with a Windows recovery boot on it (im sussing this out for web books) and I would deffo carry a 2.5 external drive for back up and a Vista recovery CD http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/ and a brush for moving dust from fans in conjunction with a can of air plus all the usual tools in a nice sturdy case. :)

Certifications: C&G Pt 1&2 IT. 'now going for A+'
  4. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I know someone who used to do this and they used to carry round a pad of (as he called it) 'general purpose disclaimers'. He'd get the client to sign it before he'd do any work. Might be able to find some online?