A+ Study Guides

Discussion in 'A+' started by Green_Primus, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Green_Primus

Green_Primus New Member

Hi Guys

I am looking to sit the A+ exams in the next couple of months, ideally before christmas.

I bought the Sybex Comptia A+ Complete Study Guide by Emmett Dunleavey 1st edition, which is for the 220-701 and 702 exams.

Would I be alright using this guide alongside the Professsor Messer videos and my own experiences (over 5 years in Servicedesk and 2nd line support).

I notice that the exams changed in January 2011 to include Windows 7, so basically will I need to re-invest in a whole load of new books or can I "fill in the gaps" in terms of the Windows 7 stuff.

Many Thanks
    Matthew

2. anandsoft

anandsoft Bit Poster

It is not necessary to buy new books just for Windows 7 questions. The questions asked in Win 7 domain are very basic, and mostly covered in Windows Vista. If you had prepared well in all other respects, including Vista, it should be sufficient to take the exam.

Good luck!

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree with anandsoft, but just remember that Vista and Windows 7 aren't absolutely identical. There are some features on one OS that don't exist or are named differently on the other. Not a huge deal, but it's best to be prepared.

Also, since Mike Meyers' tome is the de facto study guide for the A+, it might be helpful for you to post back after the exams and let everyone know how well the Sybex book did to prepare. I've done some writing for Sybex and it would be nice to hear how they stack up against other guides.

Certifications: A+ and Network+