A step up the career ladder! :)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Adzmobile, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

Hi Guys,

Soooo excellent news, I studied my ass off for the last 3 months.. i mean i studied like i've never studied before and passed the CCNA! WoooHoooo! I am sooo happy because it was tough, I cant lie. Once you battle through it, you think to yourself it wasnt that hard.. but to be honest it was. I self studied and what i found was that as you go through the material, alot of things just dont make any sence you have to continue down a road that doesn't make sence and go over the material again and again until suddenly it will click.

Perhaps this was just my experience of it. I found sometimes i would go over material that now i think so simple but at the time it was the most confusing thing to get your head around. My best advice to anyone doing CCNA is, no matter how confusing things can seem, dont give up and keep pushing forward and the first time it may not make sence, the 2nd time will be clearer and by the 3rd time you read it, you will understand exactly what is being said.

So now.. I have a interview lined up :) !!! I am going for a Junior Technical Consultant role and passed the first stage. I have been doing 1/2nd line support for the last 3 years and touched on 3rd line. This role will hopefully train me up fully and give me alot of exposure to alot of different technologies and train me up to be a consultant.

Wish me luck people and tips and advice for these types of roles is welcome!

Thank You!

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI
  2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the pass and good luck on the upcoming interview(s).

If it weren't for the CCNA, I'd still be doing Support too so I know how you feel :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Good luck:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. BITEK

BITEK Bit Poster

Congratulations to you! Cisco seems to be as difficult as they say.

Never give up is the way to go!

Certifications: BTEC Diploma in IT, Comptia A+, 70-687, 70-410, 70-411, 70-412
  5. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

Thanks guys! Yeah im really tired of support to be honest.. you get to a point that you just need to try and get to the next level some how.. I really hope i can, otherwise il just have to learn more til i somehow get there i guess!

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI
  6. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Good luck on the interview Adzmobile and congrats on the CCNA

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  7. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Congrats and good luck for your interview, I hope I can get there soon.

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on both the pass and the interview. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Congrats, its a great feeling isnt it?:biggrin

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902