1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ self study

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by lightsabre, Apr 17, 2009.

1. lightsabre

lightsabre New Member

Hi All

Many thanks for those pointers.I think I will have a go at starting self study,I hear Mike Meyers being
    A good author and his books are very much jump straight without the jargon !! any more books??

Remember I am very very limited coming in this Field !!!

once again thanks,I am really glad i joined this forum!!!

2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

For A+ I think Mike Meyers has really taken over, the book is brilliant in my opinion, you can't go wrong.

I did purchase the Sybex A+ book as well which was helpful as a second "support" book so if you have the money, go for it. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

completely agree with nXPLOSi, the Meyers A+ is great, well written, easy to understand and a good read. The A+ Passport book is great to revise from. Its worth getting that when you think you are nearly ready to take the exam.

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270,
    WIP: ITIL V3
  4. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Definitley recommend Meyers A+ book. If you want something to backup your reading, then the Sybex book is a good bet ;)
    You'll learn different things from both books.