1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ Quiz Night

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by nugget, Oct 13, 2004.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The first CertForums International Quiz Night was held last night (12.10). I would like to thank the members who participated and the mods too.

The scorecard so far:

Doctorlegg leads with 7
    Punkboy101 second with 5
    Bull Gates in a rearguard action with 3

As the quiz seemed to be a sucess I would like to ask if you would like it continued? Rules will be written up and posted for all to read as a few starting glitches led to latecomers jumping in and answering.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. doctorlegg

doctorlegg Bit Poster

I'd be keen to take part again. I really enjoyed it, even though a bit of guessing was involved on my part for some questions!

Thought you did a great job setting it up and arranging the questions by the way. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Derek.

WIP: A+
  3. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Yup, I think it's definetly worth doing again! I agree with Doctorlegg, you did a great job with the questions. :D :thumbleft I just need to learn to read lol

Thanx Nugget. :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  4. christof

christof Nibble Poster

brilliant.

I just need to show up on time and dig out a copy of Mavis Beacon, and improve my keyboard speed!

I know we all said it last night, but well done nugget and thanks.

Here's to it becoming an ongoing and growing fixture:beers2

Certifications: certificate of life!!!
    WIP: A+
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

what about your 10 points for wrong answers? and my 2 points for no body getting my bonus questions

haha :)

it was a good night mate, well organised and well executed
    i think more would be a great idea, and perhaps we can work together in advance to come up with some of those wee bonus points :)

Good job mate
    keep up the great work

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Yup- good work Nugg :clap

Ice-cold atcha *toss* :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Always good to hear.

@Jak *catch**ktssh**glug**glug**aaaahhh*

Thanks mate :D

Okay, about the rules, when I get the transcript from Si I will write up a set of rules and post them for discussion this week.

I will also work on some more q's for next week. Was the amount and style (sorry Bull) okay? The quality?

Should I keep it at 30 q's? This would turn it into pot luck as when there are few members participating each has a greater chance at more points and when more turn up then the chance for big points is less.

I'll keep a running tally of who has how many points and maybe we could arrange a prize of some sort.

Please let me know what you think. 8)

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

U did a great job nugg!!
    I'm a bit behind coz m not studyin for A+.
    Neways i'll b eager to participate in the quiz the nex time as well but i'd like to request u to start it a bit early if possible.
    Thanx once again n I quite appreciate the work u do.

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE